Rollins and Chan Law Firm represents individuals facing criminal charges, whether they have been wrongfully accused of a crime or are simply seeking a fair outcome.
To further this idea, Rollins and Chan Law Firm has created a Criminal Law Essay Competition, the winner of which will receive a $1,000 scholarship. The purpose of the scholarship is to raise awareness of criminal issues and support students who can articulate the importance of these principles.
- How should the criminal justice system handle a person with substantial mental health issues and is charged with a crime?
- Applicants must be enrolled in one of the 6 law schools (UDC Law School, Howard Law School, American University, Georgetown, George Washington, or Catholic) in Washington, DC.
- Must have a 1st year law student GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Must be a rising 2L
How to Apply:
- Complete the Application Form.
- Write an original essay responding to the essay prompt above, no more than 2,000 words in length.
- Obtain a transcript and proof of enrollment from your law school.
- By May 1st 2020 (may not submit prior to February 1, 2020), submit the completed application form, essay, and proof of enrollment to [email protected], subject line “Scholarship Application.”
- One thousand dollars ($1,000) will be awarded to the winner of the essay competition and paid directly to the student.
- The essay responding to the prompt can be any length under 2,000 words.
- Submit application material in PDF format to [email protected]